Sunday, July 1, 2012

Close to Aalborg, Denmark

Hi All
I am currently staying with Ann Morrison and her cute dog Clara in a 'summer house' about 30 mins drive out of Aalborg. This is a holiday house area. There are lots of trees and well spread out houses - very flat. She has been a great hostess. We worked Friday morning at the local library (for internet). Then looked at the tall ships in the harbour,about 25 of them there for a regatta. Went to a department dinner on Friday night, at the department head's ranch - everyone very friendly. Yesterday we worked, tourists and then had her dog walking friends over for dinner - again very friendly. No internet at the house, despite us trying very hard to get Ann's new modem going!
Today we are in Aalborg, where Ann works and the 3rd largest town in Denmark. Its very nice with some old bits and ultra modern bits. I do like it here... that is apart from the weather. It hasn't been so rainy, but a hot day here is 20C.
Off to the UK tomorrow - hopefully simpler than the Copenhagen - Aalborg leg. I turned up at the airport (early fortunately) to find the airline I was booked on no longer existed. I managed to get a ticket on another airline about the same time - the only other flight for the day was fully booked... just as well I was early... Of course the new ticket was a bit expensive (~$400) but that is just the way it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment