I am playing hookie from the conference this afternoon. It is a beautiful day here, I am tired and there is a dinner tonight.
We had a really great keynote this morning, a chap called Colin Ware, I have read his book on visual perception so it was great to hear his talk. After morning tea was my talk, which, while less impressive, was well received. Then another couple of talks before lunch.
After lunch I caught the bus from the university to town and then walked the kilometer or so to my hotel. There are a few other people hanging around the pool and I was insanely pleased that a French woman complimented me on my (new) handbag! The French are just so elegant!
Grant said I should add something of his travels - he is still in Japan - sounds like he is enjoying touristing, the auto loos and food. More than that and he will have to write it himself when he gets here. This is a photo of the scene from the pool today - just to make you jealous :-). Or perhaps not - the upload doesn't work from my iPad. I will post this and then see if there is a blogger app that will do it.
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment