My bags and I made it to Geneva an hour late - the taxi man was still waiting for me. He was a chatty young chap who filled me in on the local history as he whisked me down the motorways to Annecy - all pay roads by the look of it.
Arriving at the hotel about 6pm,
I forced myself out for a walk to the lake - doesn't the chap on the left look just so, so French - little mo and all!
This morning I felt pretty jetlagged, but decided I best go get some daylight before the rain came. Its market day on Sunday morning in Annecy in the medieval town and it is just everything a French market should be. Lots of fruit and veg, smelly cheese, butchers with rabbit, bread and pastries.Having brough bread and bananas, I wandered up the hill to the castle, around and down to the lake and back to the hotel.
It was pretty warm and humid; I took myself down to the pool and it started to rain --- fortunately they have an indoor area with a sunroom. It's midnight NZ time and my body is screaming sleep, sleep - I think I will have a little nap! Conference starts tomorrow.
Sunday, June 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment