Sunday, April 11, 2010

Atlanta day 2

Two days of workshops has been pretty full on.

The first day was on multi-touch interfaces which is not central to my research. It was interesting to see some of the different things that people are doing. There is much more happening in this area with the iphones and lots of touch screens on desktops etc. Much of the research presented was on public displays. Perhaps we could do more in this area. We went to restaurants for lunch and dinner - more on this later.

Today's workshop was on sketching - it was interesting to meet some of the people in the community who I haven't meet before. We had lots of lively discussion, which is great. Out for lunch and dinner again.

To the meals - I have a new approach to ordering. First select something that looks like it will be small, an appetizer is a good choice. Then eat about 1/2 of it. This is more than sufficient. That said most of the food is nicely presented and pretty tasty - just too much.

I am tired, still not in the zone - probably get it about sorted by time I leave :-) Its 9.30 here so I will try for an early night. Conference proper starts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment