In the afternoon Gem and Peter started writing a project outline while Aidan and I did some coding. We managed to generate correctly sized and oriented regular shaped ellipses from the hand drawn ones - this is quite tricky you have to figure out the slope of the ellipse and then its size, create the regular ellipse on the horizontal and then rotate it to the right slope. After Aidan went off to collect his son from childcare I managed to fix a problem I had created yesterday - as usual it was a silly mistake. Feeling I had achieved something, I decided I could go home at about 6pm.
When I was looking out my kitchen window I realized the view was changing - I am on the 2nd floor and there is very big deciduous tree outside. Since I arrived I have been looking through the bare branches at the hills across the valley - today there are blossoms and leaf buds on the tree, I think my hill view is about to be replaced with green.
Today's pictures are my hand-drawn Euler diagram converted by SketchSet (our software) to a formal diagram. Notice how beautifully the ellipses reflect the hand-drawn version and all the regions are preserved - Gem's task for tomorrow is to see if she can break it. And just in case you are wondering, no we didn't do all this today. I had started on the program before I left home - but it is build on another program that Hong Yul (a research assistant) wrote for me in Auckland. So really I have just been hacking his code (and he won't like the mess).
No comments:
Post a Comment