Did the bus around Brooklyn today - I hadn't realized it was a completely separate city untill not long ago. it even has its own zoo. Then walked all the way up Broadway from Battery Park at the south tip of Manhattan to Time Square where I as staying - 8kms - it keeps on going for another ~12kms. It's the longest street in NY (just a bit of trivia you really need to know). It was interesting, through the financial district (wall st). Past ground zero, which is well and truly a construction site now. Then there is a bit which is $2 shoppish. Then home stores and a few antique shops. Then back into department and chain stores. There were some really interesting looking people along the way. Would have loved to have taken photos of a few, but thought 'better not'.
Tonight I went on a Harlem tour. Dinner at a Harlem restraurant and then to a jazz club. Most ot the people on the tour were French.
Grant asked what I have been eating - I have been trying to do the NY thing. Bagel and coffee for breakfast. NY Deli lunch, but today was hotdog from a street stand. Dinners have been Italian pasta, steak, and tonight soul food. Tried a couple of cakes - there's lots of bakery shops. I have decided that there is an inverse relationship between the look and the taste.
Best go to bed and try to go to sleep. It's 1am and I'm wide awake - I haven't been waking up till about 9.00, but that will have to change cause the conference starts on Saturday. Leave here tomorrow afternoon for Atlanta.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment