Today started with a keynote address. It was an Anthropologist named Genevieve Bell who works for intel. She looks at how people are using technology in their everyday lives, in their homes, at work, play etc. She is an Australian, though she has lived in the US for years. She was amusing, knowledgeable and challenging all at the same time - great keynote. I gather she has a book coming out soon. It will be worth reading.
Then there were paper sessions and breaks where there is lots of socializing. The exhibition hall opened after the last session of the day with nibbles and drinks and more socializing. A good chance to catch up with all sorts of people, from all round the world. I didn't look at the exhibitions, too many people, will do this another day. I did do the rounds of the day's posters and photographed a few of interest - easier than writing titles down. Will feed them back to the relevant people when I get to the UK, the Internet connection here is too slow.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment